Amber Alert for 4-year-old boy withdrawn after a tragic find

Amber Alert for 4-year-old boy withdrawn after a tragic find

A toddler went missing last week and a search was implemented to try and find him. An AMBER Alert was issued in the little boy’s case.

The toddler had gone missing on January 24, 2018. When a body was found the statewide AMBER Alert was removed.

A Laurinburg, North Carolina family was left distraught last week after Raul Johnson, 4, went missing. A statewide AMBER Alert was issued that escalated into a massive search.

Even the FBI was later involved in the case. Johnson reportedly went missing on Wednesday, January 24, while his mother was at work. At the time, the young boy was home with his grandfather and sister when he went outside and suddenly disappeared.

Earlier reported stated that witnesses claimed to have seen someone by a pond near the home. But divers failed to turn up a body.

However, according to CBS News,  a body was found in the pond three days later on Saturday, January 27, 2018. The News & Observer reported that the FBI’s official statement said, “At this time it appears to be accidental,” the local sheriff said.

“We will continue the investigation until we have the answers to what happened to this little boy.”

FBI, Family Faith America, January 28, 2018

Shortly after the body was found, the AMBER Alert was cancelled. Authorities are currently awaiting a medical examiner to confirm the identity of the body and the cause of death.

The results will be released in the upcoming days. Johnson's case comes shortly after the death of 3-year-old Mariah Woods.

Woods was also found in a body of water near her home. But in this case, police are investigating her death as a murder.